
I am in
Greystones, a village on the coast of Ireland, for the next two weeks. We (the Americans) have all mixed in well with the Irish. My roommates these two weeks are Jennifer and Megan (USA), as well as
Berona and Sarah (Ireland). Sarah is probably the sweetest person I have ever known, although I cannot tell her that because the Irish are not comfortable accepting compliments. She asked me earlier if it would bother me if she sent a text message while I was reading in the room; she didn't want to interrupt.
Berona (not spelled like that at all) is one of the only Irish red-heads I have met. During the Irish culture skit, she was shown as the atypical Irish because of her red
hair, a trait many Americans may not realize.

I was introduced to my first bit of
Gaelic football yesterday. It is violent! Think soccer, then take away all of the rules, and you have
Gaelic. Then there's hurling (and no, I don't mean throwing-up). That's even worse because there's sticks involved. Someone here said that it is considered to be among the most dangerous games in the world, and I believe it!

There are three things that we were asked to keep in prayer for us this summer, I thought I'd pass them along:
* To see our sin more and more
* That the cross of Christ would get bigger and bigger
* That we would truly feel the love of God
I'll try to post more later, but no more pictures until I get to a cafe that will accept my camera card.
Have a great day and please let me know what's going on in the states. All I know is that Ame (my sister) is engaged!
Yay!
2 comments:
I am at work today preparing for a workshop tomorrow and another on Friday. I think summer should be a bit slower, but I AM GLAD to be needed! Sounds like you are having a great time and learning so very much about the Irish culture. We are a bit boring here, but Matt will be moving to Atlanta this week-end so I am certain we will see more of Ame and Numa soon. Whitney Ritch gets married on July 12 (our anniversary) and you are invited. Guess you won't be coming!
We do love keeping track of your time away. Enjoy every minute. Love, Mom
Hey M.E.! I miss you, and I am praying for you. It sounds like you are learning so much,and I can't wait to sit down with you over breakfast again and hear more details. I would love to talk with you some more about Galatians, since I wasn't sure what you meant about some things in your post.
Can't wait to talk to you!
Beth Ann
Post a Comment